Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Nutty Chick



Nutty Chick

I have been making ‘viewer requested recipes’ in the past weeks, but this week is different. After watching some of my cooking videos, my friend Misty Hamilton told me I had inspired her to take some time out of her ultra busy schedule to cook more. BRAVO Misty!! I know how busy you are, so I am impressed! At any rate, she told me about a recipe she threw together one night off the top of her head, and how much her family loved it. So I requested the recipe to make for BellinieBits! Now I forgot one of the ingredients while I was filming and had to go back and fix it, but maybe you’ll have better luck getting it all right the first time! Here’s the recipe:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (create a pocket in each one)
1 cup peanut butter (I used chunky for texture)
1/8 cup honey (or more to taste)
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground black pepper
4 chicken bouillon cubes, mashed
¼ cup honey mustard

Mix the last 6 ingredients (all but the chicken) together in a bowl. If it is too stiff to mix, heat up the microwave for 20-30 seconds to soften. Inside each pocket of the chicken breast, spoon a heaping tablespoon of the mixture in. On the top of the chicken, add a little more, and then drizzle with extra honey. Once all 4 breasts are dressed, loosely wrap the chicken in some foil, and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. The chicken will be fork tender and juicy. Serve with a side of cold sesame noodles, or ramen noodles and assorted vegetables for a nice and easy dinner. Thanks Misty! This is a dish you are sure to ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment